VEGAMOUR is a rapidly growing hair wellness company that combines sustainably harvested, plant-based activities with the latest advances in molecular science to produce clean formulas that effectively promote hair & scalp health. We believe in biodiversity, community, Fair Trade, and corporate responsibility. Our mission is to advocate the use of thoughtfully sourced, organic plant activities in creating superior wellness & beauty products that neither harm the people who use them nor the planet we all share.
We are seeking an experienced 3PL Sr. Manager to own our relationships with existing and future 3PL partners, both domestically and internationally. The role will be responsible for managing and controlling the performance & cost of Vegamour’s Fulfillment and Logistics operations, continually searching for opportunities to further improve our customer service levels, reduce lead times, improve efficiencies and optimize our network.
Reporting to the Sr. Director Supply Chain, this is a new position on the Supply Chain team and presents an opportunity to help Vegamour optimize our fulfillment & logistics operations while leading both domestic and international projects to onboard additional 3PL sites to our network. The existing position of Fulfillment and Logistics Manager reports to this position.
This successful candidate will be based in the Greater Los Angeles area. This role is hybrid and will involve frequent travel to our Southern California 3PL location, with occasional travel to other parts of the US and internationally as our 3PL network grows.
- Ownership of relationship with 3PL, inbound & outbound logistics partners
- Direct supervisory responsibility and first point of contact for all 3PL partners, develop strong and integrated relationships to enable effective management & control of performance & cost
- Delivering excellent levels of customer service across all Global distribution channels - monitor and analyze customer experience and delivery performance, maintain and track KPIs and SLAs
- Work closely with Inventory Manager to optimize inventory held at each 3PL location, minimizing redundancy while maximizing availability and customer service levels
- Lead fulfillment & logistic projects, including the transition to a multi-node distribution network within the US and selection/onboarding of potential future international 3PL partners
- Contribute to process improvements and cost optimization initiatives in collaboration with other members of the Operations team
- Develop and maintain strong communication processes to ensure smooth and efficient flow of accurate information across various internal Vegamour teams
- Oversee daily 3PL transactions to ensure all required processes are completed in a timely manner; including the processing of inbound shipments and outbound shipments
- Ensure 3PL inventory is reconciled on a monthly basis, resolving discrepancies as needed and request cycle counts are carried out when appropriate
- Manage freight forwarder relationship, negotiate freight rates, choose the most cost efficient method of transportation and track through delivery.
- Other tasks & ad-hoc projects as required
- 5+ years of experience in 3PL management
- Thorough understanding of 3PL warehouse operations, fulfillment and logistics functions. Strong working knowledge of shipping, receiving, inventory management and pricing structure essential.
- Experience managing multiple-note, domestic and international 3PL operations and understanding of global logistics preferred
- Startup and/or DTC e-commerce experience is a plus
- BS/MS in Supply Chain, Logistics or similar
- Advanced level experience in Excel
- Experience in NetSuite or other similar ERP prefered
- Strong communication and project management skills
- Team-player, hard-working, organized, and goal-oriented
- Ability to manage multiple moving pieces and work with different groups of individuals
- Proactive, flexible, approach to managing workload, and ability to take accountability and initiative