For consideration, please submit your portfolio along with your resume.
About the Brand
Vegamour is a fast-growing, vegan hair wellness brand focused on holistic hair health, taking concerns head on with a 360 approach. How our products are made is as important as what they do, so we take pride in a completely cruelty-free process. We also Fair Trade source our sustainably harvested natural ingredients from female-owned enterprises so we can better ourselves and better our world - together.
The Role in a Nutshell
Vegamour is looking for an extremely clever and creative Head of Editorial to help drive the brand tone of voice and strategic positioning across all touch-points and audiences. The ideal candidate should have experience writing copy for different executions such as new product launch campaigns, product pages, emails, packaging and in-store.
As a highly skilled wordsmith, the Head of Editorial will understand how to create compelling messaging that bridges the gap between Marketing and Creative. They will be able to create stories that create aspirational, emotional responses while also succinctly communicating product benefits. This person thrives in a fast-paced environment and knows how to work with creatives to translate briefs into actionable campaigns with ease.
What You’ll Do
• Lead the ideation, creation, and execution of copy and content across all consumer touch points – bringing campaigns and consumer experiences to life through words.
• Ensure authenticity and consistency in brand tone/voice while adapting to different channels and audiences.
• Take a 360 approach to all concepts and creative copywriting – mindful of overarching creative vision and consumer journey.
• Write clever and insightful copy for a variety of collateral including brand site, retailer sites, in-store, emails, invites and more.
• Work with Product Marketing to develop unique product/category names and packaging copy.
• Leverage research and insights to develop communications that surprise and delight our customers and exceed their expectations/needs.
• Cultivate sense of community around the brand through engaging storytelling.
• Create and maintain master copy document which will features blurbs of all products, pull quotes from consumers/publications, product descriptions by channel.
• Shift gears easily, working with different marketing teams across channels in a fast-paced, iterative environment.
• Work cross-functionally to get all copy approved by Legal, Regulatory, Product Development, and Product Marketing.
• Project manage copy operations across social brand creative, content, acquisition, retention and social — ensuring timelines, deliverables, brand voice, copy standards (ie. style, proof-reading, fact-checking, regulatory guidelines) of the highest quality.
What We’re Looking For
• 6-8 years of relevant experience with an agency, in-house creative or marketing team.
• A passion for storytelling while appreciating the synergy between textual and visual elements.
• Startup mindset - you move fast and problem solve on the fly to meet deadlines.
• Ability to acquire information independently.
• Experience delivering a high volume of deliverables with tight timelines.
• Collaborative and receptive to feedback.
What Would Be Nice to Have
• Editing and proofreading.
• Experience with content strategy.
We have a great team, a great company culture (fun, collaborative, into making the world a better place than we found it!), amazing Healthcare Plan (with Dental & Vision), stock options and some great snacks at the office!