The Product Marketing Manager role will support the strategic development, management and communication of the innovation pipeline and current product portfolio. This position requires an innovative mindset, strategic competitive insight, and financial fluency to drive brand awareness and growth.
The ideal candidate is passionate about beauty and has proven success developing new products from ideation to launch and creating ideas to grow core products. The individual must be highly organized and can manage developing initiatives, timelines, and quick turnarounds.
Reporting directly to the VP Marketing, this candidate will work cross functionally with Brand Marketing, Operations, Product Development and Education. Candidate must be an excellent team player with the ability to build, foster and nurture cross-functional relationships.
- Lead product calendar including innovations, renovations, and upgrades in partnership with CEO, VP of Marketing.
- Be the product expert (benefits, claims, pricing, competitive) and own library of legal approved product information for all products in partnership with brand marketing and education.
- Create detailed product innovation briefs including competitive analysis, consumer insights, concept, positioning, pricing, cogs, formula direction (texture/ format, performance, benefits, fragrance, ingredients), prelim claims/ copy/ packaging direction and review with CEO and VP Marketing.
- Create product packaging/artwork briefs including design, primary/ secondary format, fill size, copy (naming, romance, claims, translations) with competitive insight and manage the review process.
- Lead brand trademark process with CEO, Legal and VP Marketing.
- Supervise claims testing in partnership with regulatory.
- Develop and own new product launch fact sheets with CEO sign-off and present to cross-functional teams.
- Regularly review, revise, and update existing product artwork briefs and/or create new artwork briefs (e.g. IL changes, new sizes, sets)
- Track and analyze product launch performance and overall product portfolio performance, ensuring key insights and learnings are identified for future brand and product strategy evolution and report to leadership.
- Manage all ratings and reviews for new and existing products (Yotpo, Trustpilot) and provide monthly recap.
- Conduct ongoing competitor and industry analysis, and reporting, highlighting trends and white spaces opportunities to enhance existing product portfolio.
- Ensure all programs are meeting COGs targets.
- Support Brand Marketing in go-to-market launch strategies focusing on the consumer journey in a digital-first mindset.
- Attend Weekly Product Marketing Meeting and PD Meetings.
- 6-8+ years of successfully managing product development or global marketing in beauty (hair care preferred).
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing and/or Master's degree in business, marketing, or related field preferred.
- Experience working at an innovative, fast-paced startups or indie/digital brands within the clean/ wellness sector is a plus.
- Ability to take ownership of projects, develop strategic product briefs and lead end-to-end beauty product launches.
- Adaptable, resourceful, and forward-thinking.
- Highly numerate with strong analytical skills and expertise in Excel with the ability to synthesize data to inform recommendation.
- Must be an excellent communicator and team player with proven success leading cross-functional teams, managing processes and meeting deadlines.
- Exceptional presenter.
- Creative & self-starting individual; must be agile and able to multitask and organize, set priorities, manage complexity and problem solve on the fly.
- Demonstrates a strong work ethic, high integrity, and commitment to excellence.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Google Workspace (Gmail, Sheets, Slides, Docs, Drive) is critical for success.