VEGAMOUR is a rapidly growing hair wellness company that combines sustainably harvested, plant-based actives with the latest advances in molecular science to produce clean formulas that effectively promote hair & scalp health. We believe in biodiversity, community, Fair Trade and corporate responsibility. Our mission is to advocate the use of thoughtfully sourced, organic plant actives in creating superior wellness & beauty products that neither harm the people who use them or the planet we all share.
We're seeking a talented PR & Communications Manager to influence the brand’s visibility and global awareness by creating and activating an annual communications plan focused on brand/affiliate PR, events, and corporate brand building.
Reporting to the Sr. Director of Customer Marketing, your role is to develop brand communication strategies and spearhead activities, innovations and programs that result in positive earned media coverage on behalf of Vegamour — both within the US and new international markets. You’ll provide consistent messages and timely distribution of information, in order to increase awareness of the brand’s activities and generate awareness of the company. Additionally, we want someone who can bring fresh and modern ideas to the conversation and has experience making an impact.
You will lead the PR and Communications Strategy by guiding internal stakeholders as well as the external PR affiliate agency, with a goal of building global brand resonance.
ABOUT YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage communications plans and content development across product innovation, ambassador and brand storytelling
- Develop and deliver PR plans that generate earned media coverage, including individual components addressing identified key audiences. Ensure that plan meets brand communication goals and that communications are consistent in tone of message, look and feel of communication, and adherence to overall brand standards
- Work closely with stakeholders (including Senior Leadership Team and CEO) to identify and pitch stories to beauty media – including new product launches, brand-building, and strategic stories furthering Vegamour’s overarching Hair Wellness narrative
- Media relations: Strengthen existing and cultivate new relationships with consumer and trade beauty print and online media, and broadcast outlets
- Use Earned media – in partnership with owned and social channels – to deliver global brand objectives
- Guide global business units to ensure a cohesive communications strategy within all markets, both established and new
- Develop press materials, briefing documents and media assets
- Daily management of affiliate agency required to deliver plans, ensuring alignment, consistency, efficiency, effectiveness and value for money
- Scan the media for new ideas and hair/wellness conversations that can add value to our plans and keep the team up to speed on the latest media thinking
- Keep informed about competitor activity and think creatively about how our plans can help us to stand out from the crowd
- Be the subject matter expert on media relations tactics and delivery, includes handling of media enquiries
- Effective reporting, performance data and analytics to measure ROI, on a weekly, quarterly and annual basis, as well as ad-hoc for specific campaigns
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- 6+ years of experience at a PR agency or in-house communications, PR Agency experience highly preferred
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Public Relations, English, or similar field
- Highly engaged in the beauty industry with strong network of contacts and relationships as well as knowledge of current trends in the category
- Highly organized and able to juggle multiple priorities and work in a fast-paced environment
- Proactive, creative thinking with a keen ability to execute efficiently; excellent organizational skills needed to stay on track and pursue solutions without constant supervision
- Excellent influencing skills with an ability to gain buy in from multiple stakeholders; ability to collaborate and work cross-functionally required
- Collaborate with the Brand Ambassador and Influencer Marketing teams by providing areas of opportunity in which specific influencers or brand partners could be leveraged across more large scale partnerships and branded moments
- Concept, plan and manage brand events alongside the Customer Marketing Team, external partners, inclusive of end-to-end production elements – ensuring all is managed to excellent execution.
- Excellent communication skills - both written and oral - to establish a coordinated narrative across multiple bodies of work